Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pharm Game

One of the areas that we have found challenging is keeping all those drugs and their side effects straight. Which ones are anticholinergic, which ones aren't? (I think SSRI's is the right answer to the last one, btw). And, don't forget to remember the brain structures and neurotransmitters.

I have found a few resources that are my go-to ones these days. One is from the Exchange--I really like this set of flashcards. It goes fairly quick, it covers key areas, and the questions are on target (e.g., Side effects of these drugs include drowsiness, lethargy, slurred speech, and impaired psychomotor ability---Benzos). 

The other resource I like is a neuroanatomy type outline from the EPPP Yahoo group files. It's a nice reference and something that you can print out on the front and back of a paper and carry around if you must (NERD ALERT).   
Balloon Art Anatomy

In my last hours of studying, these are quick and dirty resources that keep me sharp. Cause who doesn't want to think about the side effects of lithium, or which drug is associated with agranylocytosis?? (P.S. atypical antipsychotics)


Print Friendly and PDF Best Blogger Tips

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

No comments:

Post a Comment